Amid all the pandemic news and postponing tensions, IPL is finally going to be held in the United Arab Emirates on the rumored date of 19th September 2020. Since its establishment in 2008, the tournament has always been the most awaited among cricket fans. Unlike every year, IPL 2020 will be hosted by the UAE instead of India. But, the bottom line is, we are finally going to see the amazing blend of players from different countries battling for the IPL 2020 trophy. Here are the top 5 Highest Score in IPL History.
List of Highest Total in IPL
|249/5||Chennai Super Kings||Kings XI Punjab||2008|
|245/6||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kings XI Punjab||2018|
|246/5||Chennai Super Kings||Rajasthan Royals||2010|
|248/3||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Gujarat Lions||2016|
|263/5||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Pune Warriors India||2013|
Highest Score in IPL History: A Complete List
5. Chennai Super Kings 240/5 vs Kings XI Punjab at Mohali, 19th April 2008
- It was only the second match of IPL.
- Mike Hussey scored 114 in just 54 balls.
- James Hopes 71(33 balls) and Kumar Sangakkara 54(33 balls) tried their best to chase down the total.
- Kings XI Punjab was defeated by 33 runs.
Michael Hussey Smashed 114 While Creating Highest Score In IPL History
This memorable moment happened in the second match of the inaugural IPL edition and was the very first match of Chennai Super Kings under the captaincy of MS Dhoni. Michael Hussey smashed the rapid century in Twenty20 cricket history which propelled CSK to uphold 240/5 while winning against Kings XI Punjab on April 19, 2008, in Mohali.
The moment can never be forgotten by the cricket fans who were at the PCA Stadium, as Hussey battered 10 sixes and 7 fours in his untouched IPL match highest score record of 116 and that too in just 54 balls.
The century made by Michael Hussey was the second century of the tournament straight after Brendon McCullum who was then in the KKR team and had scored 158 runs in the opening match.
Also Read: Men’s T20 World Cup List
4. Kolkata Knight Rider 245/6 vs Kings XI Punjab at Indore, 12th May 2018
- Sunil Narine was the opener of the innings and gained 75 in 36 balls with 9 fours and 4 sixes.
- Dinesh Karthik scored 50(23) with 5 fours and 3 sixes.
- KL Rahul batted 66 in 29 balls including 2 fours and 7 sixes.
- KKR defeated Kings XI Punjab by 31 runs.
4th IPL Match Highest Score helped by Sunil Narine
Kolkata Knight Riders thrashed boundaries to win the match against Kings XI Punjab to post 245/6, and also the IPL match highest score at the Holkar Stadium in Indore on May 12, 2018, and the fourth-highest total in the entire IPL history.
Sunil Narine was the key player in the entire innings who scored 75 in 36 balls, including 9 fours and 4 sixes. He was accompanied by Chris Lynn who scored 27 runs in 17 balls with 2 fours and 2 sixes and Robin Uthappa who smashed 24 runs in 17 balls that had 2 fours and 1 six.
Narine shattered the Punjab team’s confidence in the early phase while Russell and Karthik did the rest of the work by handling the middle and death overs. Punjab was defeated by KKR by 31 runs.
3. Chennai Super Kings 246/5 vs Rajasthan Royals at Chennai, 3rd Apr 2010
- Murali Vijay hit 127 in mere 56 balls including 8 fours and 11 sixes.
- Albie Morkel scored 62(34) with 3 fours and 5 sixes.
- Naman Ojha 94(55) and Watson 60(25) were the leading scorers for the Royals.
- CSK won the match by 23 runs.
Murali Vijay Smashed 127 runs in mere 56 Deliveries
In an IPL tournament that was pursued by his maiden T20 international call-up, opener Murali Vijay scored 127 runs in just 56 deliveries in the year 2010. Inclusive of 11 sixes and 8 fours, the knock drove Chennai Super Kings to a 246-run total in their innings. CSK propelled to win the match as Rajasthan Royals lacked 23 runs to complete the target.
In the match, Murali Vijay was the asset to CSK for bringing down Rajasthan Royals and their fierce bowling attack. Thanks to him, during the 2010 tournament, CSK barged the highest team total in IPL, pounding their own 240/5 against Kings XI Punjab, a record made in 2008.
Vijay’s run of 127 was the second-highest individual score in an IPL tournament straight after Brendon McCullum’s 157 of Kolkata Knight Riders. Also, he became the third Indian player to smash an IPL century after Manish Pandey and Yusuf Pathan.
2. Royal Challengers Bangalore 248/3 vs Gujarat Lions at Bengaluru, 14th May 2016
- AB de Villiers scored 129 in just 52 balls including 10 fours and 12 sixes.
- Virat Kohli smashed 109(55) with 5 fours and 8 sixes.
- Aaron Finch 37(38) was the top scorer for the Gujarat team.
- RCB won by 144 runs.
IPL Match Highest Score: AB de Villiers and Virat Kohli‘ s heroics
Royal Challengers Bangalore went batting first against Gujarat Lions and created a massive milestone of 248/3. It is to date second-highest team total in IPL led by two amazing batsmen; AB de Villiers who amassed 129* and Virat Kohli who scored an equally attractive 109 on May 14, 2016, at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
It is to date one of the most depressing defeats as the Lions were left with only a meager of 104, and were all out in 18.4 overs while facing a 144-run defeat. The commendable partnership of Kohli-De Villiers helped RCB to stand out as a team by adding a staggering 229 runs target in only 16 overs while pummeling the Gujarat Lions.
Kohli not only got successful to enlist his team under the highest score in IPL history list but in the process also became the first-ever player to score two centuries against the same opponents in a single season of any league.
AB De Villiers scored an unbeatable 129 off 52 balls including 10 fours and 12 sixes while Virat Kohli on the way to his third hundred in a single IPL season thrashed an outstanding 109 off 55 balls including 5 fours and 8 sixes.
1. Royal Challengers Bangalore 263/5 vs Pune Warriors India at Bengaluru, 23rd April 2013
- It was the highest innings total made in any T20 match ever.
- Chris Gayle holds the record of the highest T20 score of 175*(66), the fastest century within 30 balls, and most individual sixes (17 sixes) in an innings.
- Steve Smith smashed 41(31) for Pune Warriors India.
- RCB won by 134 runs.
Chris Gayle stars as RCB holds the title of Highest score in IPL History
Regardless of uncountable records and iconic players, Royal Challengers Bangalore has never won any Indian Premier League title. But, the team has notched up the top two highest team totals ever scored in IPL history.
On April 23, 2013, Chris Gayle played his best IPL inning by thrashing an unbeaten 175 against Pune Warriors and scored an enormous target of 263/5 at Bangalore. The iconic gameplay of Gayle still stuns cricket fans as it includes as many as 13 fours and 17 sixes and, in an unbelievable 66 deliveries.
Gayle made the record of the fastest hit century, in only 30 balls, and the highest-ever individual score in any T20 game. The IPL match highest score of Gayle surpassed KKR’s Brendon McCullum’s record of 158 in 73 balls against RCB coincidentally at the same venue; Chinnaswamy Stadium.